Monday, March 13, 2023

Kevin Fisher, BHS '78 (1961-2023)

 


Kevin Fisher
August 18 1961 - March 11, 2023
Simi Valley California

On March 12, 2023, this sad news was posted... 

Hello this is Emma, Kevin Fishers daughter
I am writing to let everyone everyone know that my dad passed away peacefully yesterday morning. His passing is completely unexpected and all of our hearts are broken. As soon as we know details of the Celebration of Life, we will let everyone know. Thank you.
 

 
March 15, 2023 UPDATE POST

Lori Latimer posted ths today... 

I'm not on Facebook much anymore because I'm busy living my life. But I do check in once a day or every other day. This morning when I did, I was devastated to learn of the passing of a good friend from high school. Kevin Fisher was an amazing drummer in the Burbank High School Band, Jazz Band, and Burbank Police Youth Band (he had talent, I was just a flag girl ๐Ÿ˜‚). He was one of the first people I reconnected with on Facebook when I joined in 2008 or 2009. 

Even though we grew up in Burbank, I'd long since moved to Georgia and become a Georgia Bulldog fan. He was a huge Alabama fan. We had a fun rivalry during college football season. If Georgia didn't win, I was always happy for him if the Tide won, and from his messages to me, I think he felt the same if Bama lost and Georgia won. 

Kevin traveled for work and made it a point to come to the South for as many Bama games in Tuscaloosa as he possibly could. On one of those trips in 2014, we got together for dinner in Atlanta before he drove to Tuscaloosa. 

Kevin was a good man and a good friend. More than anything, he loved his daughter, Emma. He was so proud of the young woman she's become. 

I last saw Kevin in October 2018 at our 40th high school reunion. He's on the right, wearing the glasses. Just 3 months after this photo was taken, my life shattered when Greg left this life. Kevin always had a kind or comforting word for me on my social media posts about Greg. He. Was. A. Good. Man. And, he was my friend for almost 50 years. I will miss you. I will miss our banter during college football season. I will miss your posts about all the delicious foods you enjoyed. I will miss your posts supporting me about Greg. I will miss your big bear hugs. 

I will miss your posts about your beautiful daughter. I'll even miss your posts about Bama, and all the photos of you traveling to cheer them on. 

I will miss YOU, my dear friend. Fly high with the Angels. Oh the fun you, Jack Kile and others will have in Heaven! Play those drums, explore, reconnect with your loved ones, and may your Soul find peace. You were loved in this life, and you will be missed. 

Until I see you again, my dear, dear friend. And this one time, for you, Roll Tide ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฅ

1 comment:

  1. I remember Kevin in band also and Lori, should have kept in touch with her. From Greg Albers

    ReplyDelete