Friday, October 21, 2022

Bob Jones, BHS '44 (1926-2010)

  

 Bob Jones and his sister Dorothy Jones Ardizzone
 
Jodean Ardizzone Myers sent me the following message along with this article about her Uncle Bob Jones.

Hi Cathy. I’ve always wanted to add my aunts and uncles to the memorial blog all attended BHS. Today in my memories Uncle Bob Jones came up I hope I’m sharing correctly. Passing on information thank you. In his youth picture at Hollywood Palladium Is Bob Jones and his sister Dorothy Jones Ardizzone my Mom. She’s already been shared to the memorial page. Thank you.
Uncle Bob Jones - Mom's brother died 12 yrs ago today. He was in his 80's and a very interesting man. Born in Burly Idaho. Moved to Burbank at the age of 12 he went to John Muir and Burbank High class of '44. At 18yrs old he joined the Navy and there began to think about a career with horses. He purchased the Lazy 3 - a riding academy in Glendale and a hang-out for Hollywood cowboys. Like Jack Fishburn (jockey), Robert Fuller, and Chuck Courtney. He later bought a ranch in Placerita Canyon. He was co-founder of the LA Horse Show Exhibitors Assoc. and served ten yrs as President there. He had a long and interesting life and is missed.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment