Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Don Graham, BHS '61 (1943-2022)



Sadly, Don Graham from the Burbank High class 1961 passed away this month. Here is a portion of what his daughter Terri Graham wrote on a GoFundMe page:

I am saddened to share that my daddy, Don Graham, has passed away.

From serving in the National Guard for five years, two years in Vietnam, Burbank PD, 35 years with LAPD and 20 years as an Elks lodge member. He has spent his life serving and caring for others. When he retired from LAPD after 35 years, it was to care for his sick wife until she passed away in 2011.

In 2017 he was diagnosed with bladder cancer and fought a long hard battle! This year things worsened, and the cancer spread to his kidney, lung, vertebrae and spine. The last week of his life, he was getting sicker and weaker. I had him transported to Henry Mayo Memorial Hospital, where he spent his last 5 days of his life. I was there every day with him until he took his last breath on October 7, 2022. The hardest thing I have ever done.

My dad was the most caring, giving and supportive person I have ever known.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/dads-funeral-retired-vet-and-lapd

RIP Don. 

1 comment:

  1. I worked with Don for years at West Valley. He was a low key really nice guy. RIP, Don. - Don Matthews

    ReplyDelete