Monday, June 17, 2019

Nancy Russo Ross, BHS '69, Murdered in 1995


Nancy Russo

What a tragedy! According to daughter Mandey Russo: 
"My mom was murdered on January 3rd 1995 in Glendale CA. She shouldn't have gone that way, but as I look at it, God needed her more than we did here on earth! She's in a much better place, shining down upon us now.. i miss our trips to Zuma beach.. she taught me well, how to roast in the sun, on the sand, listening to the waves break.. She's definitely missed!"

LA TIMES ARTICLE

GLENDALE : Man, 45, Facing Murder Charges
By STEVE RYFLE
January 20, 1995

A 45-year-old Glendale man has been arrested in connection with the death of a woman whose body was found in his apartment last week, police said Thursday.

Paul Thomas was arrested Tuesday and arraigned Thursday in Glendale Municipal Court on murder charges. Police were called to Thomas' residence on North Adams Street at 3:21 p.m. last Friday where they discovered the body of the woman, said Glendale police spokesman Chahe Keuroghelian.

The woman has been identified as Nancy Ross, 43, of Burbank by Scott Carrier, a spokesman with the Los Angeles County coroner's office. He said the autopsy report has not been completed.

A Burbank Police Department spokesman would not comment on the case Thursday, but confirmed that Burbank police did receive a missing persons report which "may be connected to a murder investigation in Glendale."

SOURCE: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1995-01-20-me-22418-story.html

2 comments:

  1. hello there! this is sandra robinson from burbank. i was good friends w nancy russo
    in my early days. i have good memories of her and would love to share them w mandy.
    i’m not on the facebook. Would you mind passing my number to Mandy, she can contact me if she chooses. how beautiful Nancy still is in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me your contact info and I will forward it to Mandey:
      cathyjpalmer@yahoo.com

      Delete