Saturday, June 29, 2019

Craig Pew, BHS '64 (1946-2002)


Craig Pew

News | November 23, 2002
The Union Staff

Services for Craig Allen Pew of Grass Valley will be at 3 p.m. today at the Pelton Wheel Museum park area in Grass Valley.

Mr. Pew died Wednesday, Nov. 20, in Grass Valley. He was 55.

He was born on Dec. 4, 1946, in Burbank, to Charles and Deane Pew. He served in the U.S. Air Force. He enjoyed hiking, mining and target shooting.

He is survived by his daughter, Deana Pew; brother, Robert Pew; niece, Lynsey Pew; and nephew, Jeffrey Pew.

Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.

Source: https://www.theunion.com/news/craig-pew/

RIP Craig.

INTERESTING SIDE BAR


Found this photo of Craig's 45 record along with this note:
"Craig Pew, I have your record. Actually, I have several of your 45's, and this is just one of them. I found them in Northern California at a shop that sells Jeans! They were in a box of about 150 discs, and many belonged to you. How they got from Burbank to Grass Valley is still a mystery to me. Listening to this record, I actually liked the flip called "Nancy Lynne". Usually your name was placed on the "hit" side, but this one could have been a real sleeper. Dick D'Agostin and the Swingers was a good ensemble,and one of five records I know he recorded. Craig Pew, your record collection was dumped in a non-record store for a pittance, and I seemed to benefit, as usual. I am really liking the way that sounds. Do you have more records, and you're holding out on me?"
Source: http://www.colorradio.com/was-that-your-record.html

No comments:

Post a Comment