Friday, August 31, 2018

John R Bellomo, BHS '73 (1954-2018)



Caryn Gold posted the following on Facebook and we send our condolences to the Bellomo family...

It is with a lot of emotion that I share the recent passing of a long ago love of my life, And BHS alumni from class of '73.
I'm sure many of you will remember
JOHN R. BELLOMO.
John joined the U.S. Army after high school and served his country in both the U.S. and Germany as a Mechanical Engineer. Upon discharge from the Army and returning home (to Burbank) is when John and I met and began dating. After being together several years (which even included a surprise proposal and engagement on my 18th birthday), we would end up going our separate ways. Throughout the years I would every so often cross paths with him, or sometimes his parents. We would chat for a bit and catch up with each other's lives. I was aware when John had married and that he and his wife had 2 daughters. I also had learned when his mother had passed away.
It was not until reading his obituary that I knew he also had a son and several grandchildren.
I have nothing but fond, wonderful memories of John and the time of his life that he shared with me. I can definitely say he is another that is gone far too soon.
Rest peacefully Dear John. You will be missed.

IN LOVING MEMORY

John R. Bellomo
October 31, 1954 - July 30, 2018

SERVICE
Lancaster SDA Church
43824 30th St W. Lancaster CA 93536
Monday, August 13, 2018
11:00 am

OBITUARY
John Richard Bellomo was born October 31, 1954 at Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital in Hollywood, California. John, his big sister Catherine, and their parents Tom and Joanne Bellomo, settled in Burbank where John attended St Robert Bellarmine grad school and graduated from Burbank High School in 1973. John joined the Armed Forces following high school and served the U.S. Army in the United States and Germany as a Mechanical Engineer. Upon his return to Los Angeles, John began his thirty-five-year career in the automotive industry at what is now know as Century West BMW in North Hollywood and in later years, commuted from Lake Los Angels to the Beverly Hills BMW dealership where he was employed for many years. In 2013, John joined the Century West BMW team in Alhambra where he continued working as a loyal and valued employee until the end of April 2018. John and Kathryn, formerly Kathryn Grace Louis, originally from Minnesota, were married on June 16, 1986 at St. Robert Bellarmine Catholic Church in Burbank. Later the same year, the newlyweds relocated to Lake Los Angeles where the family currently resides. Their marriage produced three beautiful children. In 2005, John's mother, Joanne, preceded him in death and he stayed close to his father, Tom, during this time of bereavement. John was a devoted and loving husband, father, grandfather, son and brother.

A lifelong Dodger baseball fan, John played little league baseball in his early years with his father Tom, the "coach", his sister, the "official" scorekeeper and his mother, Joanne, John's biggest fan, in the stands. He also loved NASCAR and enjoyed watching the races both in person and on his devices. John had an endearing and sensitive heart that drew family and friends to him throughout his lifetime. He was a kind and gentle soul and had a special affection for domestic animals - many animals! Over the years, visitor would likely be greeted by the family of pets who shared the Bellomo home including cats, dogs and "Lovey" the dove.

On Monday evening, July 30, 2018, John entered into rest peacefully, as his home surrounded by his family. John is survived by his devoted wife, Kathryn Grace, children, Chelsea Nicole, Lindsay Michelle, and Michael John, three grandsons, Martin, Timothy Maximus "Max" and Adam, father Tom, sister Catherine, nephew Nicolas and a host of aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, loving friends, neighbors and colleagues.

"There are three things that last: Faith, hope and love and the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:13

Acknowledgments
The family of John R. Bellomo wish to express their heartfelt thanks to those who have shared in John's live and extended expressions of love, prayers and words of encouragement. May God bless each of you for your kindness.

Special thanks to Keilana Davis, Pastors Morris Barnes & Adolphus Garnett, the Lancaster SDA Church for hosting and the Valley Crossroads saints for their support & prayers.

COMMENTS
Dana Ardizzone O'Neal
OMG I'm so sorry Caryn, I remember John and always thought he was so handsome. Gone way too young! :(

Nadine Aguirre Lujan
RIP

Joanne Ramsay Fothergill-Birnbaum
Such a wonderful guy... soar John

John Iversen
Nice Guy I went to Bellermine with him... R.I.P. John

Elaine Elliott
R.I.P.

Mike Signorelli
I knew John well hadn't seen him in years and wondered what happen to him. I'm sorry to hear this sad newz, does anyone know what happen to him? May you be in a heavenly place resting in peace John...

Caryn Gold
Mike Signorelli....John's passing was cancer related. That is the extent of what I know.

Mike Signorelli
That sucks! John was a good guy. Im shocked!

Kathy Begley
Very sad.

Dianne Postal-Simmons
Talk to him 5 years ago about the reunion but he didn’t want to go .. Scott dated his sister all through Hs and when we got together she became close to us and her parents always were close to Scott .. funny John and her bought Scott and I sleeping bags for our wedding .. rip in peace so sad so many our age are gone !

Heidi Davenport
Oh wow often wondered what happened to him. One of the guys from Bellarmine.

Julie Williams-Davey
I’m so sorry doll. 🙏🏼

Waneen Cormier Post-Marks
I'm so sorry Caryn. I remember John. He was a very nice guy. Thoughts and prayers for you and his family.

Vicki Herrin Fields
So sorry, Caryn. I know what you are going through. ❤️💙

Kathy Begley
John was my brother's best friend. I spoke to him about 10 years ago when he called me out of the blue. We got together a few times but we eventually lost touch. Very sad news. 😞

Caryn Gold
John and his family lived in Lake Los Angeles for many years. Although I shared my personal connection to John (all those many moons ago), my thoughts and prayers go out to his family that survived him. His sister Catherine, father Tommy and his wife Kathryn, their children and grandchildren. I am sad for your loss.

Cinthia Iasparro Reppe
When we lived in the Antelope Valley we were just blocks away from each other and saw him his wife Kathy and at that time his 2 girls. We moved back east 24 years ago and would occasionally see them. I was so sad to see this last month and emailed with Kathy, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in May. We all have fond memories of JB RIP. Xoxo

Pat Bushman
My condolences to the family. Rest In Peace.

Maryellen McMahon
So sad, he always had the most beautiful smile. Hoping that his family has found peace in their memories of his love.

Jeanette Alexander
Wow sis sorry to hear about that! If you recall had it not been fir you 2 guys getting together, Mike and I never would have gotten together and married and had 2 fantastic kids, not to mention 6 beautiful grandkids. I hope you and his family and friends all find peace with his passing! Rip John
Love you Caryn!

Carrie Diaz Lathouwers
So sorry Caryn Gold for your loss. My condolences to you and all his family and friends. RIP John.

Leslie C. Babroff
RIP John remember you from Orange Grove St, Burbank

Jeri Morin Valencia
I am so sorry, Caryn. <3 br="" heart="" him.="" how="" hurts.="" i="" know="" remember="" your="">
Anissa Iverson
I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for him and his family. ❤

Deb Helsley Bush
RIP 😪

Christine Hill
I remember John and Cathy from St. Robert’s. We would walk home from school together. Cathy and l were in the same class. And, such a nice family. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment