Thursday, August 12, 2021

Ken Severson, BHS '68 (1950-2020)

 
Kenneth Oliver Severson
March 21, 1950 Los Angeles, Calif - April 2020 Hawaii

Today, Frank Malgeri posted this, "Just found out 2 of my friends are no longer with us. I am unsure of the passing dates. I am talking about Gene and older brother Ken Severson."
 
Ann Rickard posted today, "So sad about Ken, we were good chums in Hawaii. Both of us living a sustainable, off grid organic lifestyle. He ate some produce contaminated with Rat/lung worm, which attacked his CNS. Hospitalized over a year, intubated, finally quit eating and asked them to pull the plug...Hard, painful and sad...RIP dear friend. I didn't know about Gene...😢"
 
Ken has 3 siblings: Tess/Terri BHS '69, Gene BHS '71 and Joel BHS '73. The family lived down the street from me on the corner of Tujunga Ave and 9th St. in Burbank, Calif.

RIP Ken and Gene...



 


 

2 comments:

  1. rip ken ken and i did a lot of high country backing in the early 70's always had his trusted friend with us hi dog rusty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken was a close friend of mine. A short guy, but a tower of man in terms of guts, strength, and character. So I have a lot of stories to tell, but my favorite is about a water polo game at Verdugo High, where we beat them but the game was heated, not friendly. Afterward in the locker room, a player from Verdugo approached me with three of his teammates by his side, me standing there alone, and he picked a fight with me. He was in my face, and I was petrified.
    Suddenly Ken is by my side -- and Ken was I'm guessing 5'5", smaller than the rest of us, and he burst out one of his trademark machine gun laughs. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I was still frozen. The mean guy turned his attention to Ken and said in a bellicose tone, "what are you laughing at?" Ken, still grinning, said "your face." The mean guy said "yea, what are you gunna do about it?" Ken didn't hesitate and said "I dunno, not much you can do with a face like that."

    Silence.

    I was too frightened to laugh. The bad guys wanted no part of this any more. The talking was over. They retreated. Thank you Ken. I miss you. Randy Rodman

    ReplyDelete