Sunday, December 18, 2022

Bert Hagg, BHS '31 (1913-1996)

Bertrand Hagg
December 15, 1913 - November 1, 1996

Bert Hagg was born in 1913 and graduated from Burbank High in 1931. 

He married Elizabeth Ramsey in 1938. He served in WW2. He and his wife lived in Burbank where they raised their two sons: Greg Hagg BHS '61 and Ron Hagg BHS '66. 

Mr Hagg was a much loved Principal first at Jefferson Elementary and then at Emerson Elementary Schools in Burbank. 

RIP Mr Hagg.

FIND A GRAVE LINK

The photos are from Ron Hagg's Facebook page.


A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS

    Frank Malgeri
    He was a wonderful man! Lol, I can’t remember the amount of times I was sent to his office 🥴😳.


  • Marti Shopshire
    Great principal! He knew our names and played games with girls & boys, from hop scotch to kickball to tetherball & more! Knew Greg, a year ahead of me in school. Thanks for sharing a bit of this special man’s story! 🤗

  • Penny Jonas Barth
    Such a good man…


  • Constantine M. Boukidis
    I loved Mr. Hagg all the years I was at Emerson. My Dad always used to like that he drive a Volvo.😃He was a wonderful man and a great principal.

  • Martin Lillibridge
    RIP Bulldog 🙏

  • Vicki Herrin Fields
    Rest in Peace ⚘️


  • Linda Everett
    Mr. Hagg was a wonderful principal and a very kind man who was loved and admired by all who knew him. He and my Dad, Pete Peterson had some great times and a lot of laughs together over the years.

  • Ron Duncan
    The first principal at Jefferson.

  • Heidi B. Davenport
    I know him from my older sister having him as an instructor at BHS? Summer School. I think. We grew up on Cypress above Belaire. My sister Maureen liked him a lot I found him very kind. Sad.

  • Robin Maxam
    Wonderful person, always remember him fondly.


  • Lisa Jordan
    Such a wonderful teacher, and principal.

  • Ron Duncan
    Before Emerson, he was the first principal at Jefferson.

  • Glenda Vincent
    Oh I loved Mr. Hagg!! He was such a sweet man!

No comments:

Post a Comment