Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Janet Smoker Hayes, BHS '48 (1930-2022)

 

Janet R. Smoker Hayes

Janet R.Smoker Hayes, 91, of Camarillo, Ca, passed away May 30, 2022 at her home. 

She was born in Elkhart, Indiana, November 11, 1930, the oldest child of Walter and Ellennora Smoker.  Her family moved to Burbank, California in 1934. Janet attended Burbank schools, graduating from Burbank High School with the winter class of 1948.

Janet married John D. Hayes in 1949.  Together Janet and John worked to build Hayes & Co. Printing for 25 plus years, during which time she also enjoyed a successful Real Estate career. Janet and John enjoyed their retirement by traveling in their motorhome to 48 states, making many lifelong friends and memories.  She was preceded in death by her husband of 50 years in 1999.

Janet is survived by four children, Jackie (BHS class of 68), Jim (BHS class of 70), Judi (BHS class of 73) and Jana (BHS class of 80).  She leaves behind nine grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren, with another one due in November. 

Janet will be fondly remembered and greatly missed by all. She will always be remembered for her sense of style, her beautiful smile, and her consistent love and faith in her Savior. 

LINK TO FIND A GRAVE https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/242138272/janet-ramona-hayes

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS... 
Betsey Nash 
Mr & Mrs. Hayes were always warm & lovely to me, and a bit sassy. They were an important part of my growing up, as was my friendship with Jackie. Love to all the kids. 

Cathy Palmer 
 Mr and Mrs Hayes were wonderful people. I worked briefly at their printing company as a teen and am good friends with daughter Jackie. My deepest condolences to the family. 

Lori Lentz 
 Janet was my aunt ( Dad's sister) Very sweet lady 

Deanna Bergman 
I met Mrs. Hayes one afternoon I went over to Jackie’s house. I thought she was such a cool mom! Kind sympathies to the family on your loss! 

Linda Everett 
Janet Hayes was a beautiful lady and she and John were friends with my Mom and Dad, Pete and Kiva Peterson. She had the most lovely smile and a great personality. 

Linda Silvius 
Janet Hayes was one of a kind! Listening to the tape of the service, I wasn’t at all surprised to learn she was at every sports event of every grandchild, early and in appropriate, bright colors! Nor was I surprised to learn she danced right along with everyone else in the family on a party bus in Paris! Hearing the memories of her grandchildren was precious. I first met Mr. and Mrs. Hayes as a friend of Jackie’s from Y Camp. I remember many a meal shared around their dinner table with all 4 kids present and Grace said before every meal. The memory that surfaces most from that time for me was her laughter and her dancing eyes as she laughed with us. She and John hired me to work in their print shop and I loved that time. I learned SO much from both of them, about printing and more importantly about life - things I literally used during my whole career. I am very grateful for her influence on my life. She was truly one of those significant adult role models that stepped into my life and made a lifelong positive difference. Thank you Janet Hayes - what a joy it was to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment