Sunday, February 9, 2020

Brett Burger, BHS '85 (1967-2014)


Brett Burger
February 9, 1967 - July 25, 2014

Gloria Kelly posted this on July 27, 2014:

I am so very sorry to have to say that we lost Brett Burger, class of 1985, on Friday, July 25, 2014. I don't have any details yet, but I will share them once they become available.

I can't think of Sound of Music without thinking of Brett. He was the best Captain ever. Even before that, I remember taking the bus home with him after school and talking about General Hospital. We loved that show. Brett was always so friendly to everyone and so handsome. I will admit I always had a HUGE crush on him.

Years later, we reconnected through Facebook and I got to know him all over again. I got to see what a funny, intelligent, witty, talented man he had become. I saw his devotion to his son and his mother.

I have so many fond memories of Brett. Our last minute road trip to Vegas, watching old Maude reruns together, seeing Liza Minnelli in concert, and so much more.
Brett, you will be missed and never forgotten. Rest in peace, my friend.

The Celebration of Life for Brett was held August 23, 2014.

Among Brett's survivors are his father, Henry Burger, mother, Lynda Roberts, and brother Phil Pruett, BHS '79.

Brett's other brother, Terry Pruett, BHS '80, passed away March 18, 1991 and here is the notice for Terry: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/85929375/terry-neil-pruett

 


Brett with son, Logan

RIP Brett.

No comments:

Post a Comment