Saturday, January 19, 2019

Miles Stanton, BHS '63, Passed Away December 2018



Miles Stanton passed away in December 2018 of causes related to cancer.

He graduated from Burbank High with the class of 1963 and excelled as a member of the cross country team and track team.

Miles taught printshop and history at Herbert Hoover High School in Glendale, CA. He retired in 2005 after 34 years.

Until recently, he continued to ski and drive tour buses on ski trips, Las Vegas weekends, etc. Miles was married twice but did not have any children.

Information was provided by classmates Steve Catlin and Carey McLeod.

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS...
Pat Bushman
My condolences to the family.

Claudia Hoffman
With sympathy to his family. I dated Miles.

Robbin Moore
RIP

Maggie Kirchner
Rest in peace Miles. Remember him with kind thoughts in our '63 class.

Donald Matthews
A great athlete and very nice guy. So sad. RIP, Sir.

Sue Burnette
RIP

Karen Sue Salsbury-wolford
RIP Miles

Dave Kemp
So very sorry to hear this. A very nice, quiet and shy person. May God Bless Miles, and May he Rest In Peace.

Mary Boriso Jordan
So sad to hear this....love and prayers to the family....Rest in peace, dear Miles....
No photo description available.

Michele Duarte Kilroy
He lived at the end of our street. I think he and Cary Mccloud used to give trampoline lessons. As a kid, I always thought he was so handsome.

Sherrie King
RIP

Nadine Aguirre Lujan
RIP

Carrie Diaz-Lathouwers
My condolences to all his family and friends. Fly with the Angels, Miles.

Kathy Mae Culbertson Longanecker
Sorry for his loss

Michael Juarez
R.I.P. fellow Bulldog

3 comments:

  1. I worked with Miles at Hoover.....I am saddened by this news

    ReplyDelete
  2. Met him thru his fellow classmate, Don Forst. As a young, punky girl, I remember him (and Don)as patient and kind. Rest in peace, Miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear, I worked with him at Hoover.

    ReplyDelete