Wednesday, May 8, 2019

RIP Kellie Lowman, BHS '79 and Kevin Lowman, BHS '81

We just learned of the sad losses of Kellie Lowman in 2009 as well as her brother, Kevin Lowman, in 1994. Kellie died of cancer and Kevin was in a motorcycle accident. RIP.


Kellie Lowman


Kevin Lowman



This discovery occurred on Facebook when Jojo Renee wrote in April 2019, "Hello. My name is Jojo, I’m currently searching for a photo of my birth father Kevin Lowman. The only information I know about him so far is his name, his accident and that he graduated Burbank High School in 1980. Any information on him would be appreciated. Thank you."

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS

Teri Wilkins Dunnet
I think Kevin was class of 1981

Jojo Renee
Teri Wilkins Dunnet Thank you! I’m honestly just going off my google searches. So it could very well be 1981.

Teri Wilkins Dunnet
Jojo Renee Kevin was a very nice guy. Sorry for your loss in meeting him.

Jojo Renee
Teri Wilkins Dunnet it’s nice to know that, I’ve heard a couple good stories of him, but no one seems to have a photo. Heck, I’m just finding out his name after twenty seven years.

Cheryl Morales
Kevin played football with my brother. He was a great athlete and a nice person. I found my yearbook. Here is his sophomore picture. I graduated with Kellie in 79.


Jojo Renee
Cheryl Morales
His hair! 🤣😍 I love it! Thank you so much!

Cheryl Morales
Jojo Renee best wishes on your journey. Kevin and my brother Randy were friends from elementary school past high school. They played Vikings football together and then HS Football...not sure about baseball...can't remember. He and Kellie were lost too soon.

Peggy Beliveau
Kevin is my nephew.....

Jojo Renee
Peggy Beliveau Hi Peggy, looks like you live down the hill from me as well. I would love to talk to you more if you would not mind. ♥️

Jojo Renee
Thank you all so much, I would have never guessed this would have turned out so amazing and so many people would be so willing to help. I have heard nothing but amazing stories about him and that

Dan Davis
I was very good friends with your Dad... you can call me

Jojo Renee
Dan Davis oh my gosh. Please! This is so amazing!

Tammy Hansen
He was besties with Terry Pruitt, the two of them joined the military together. I think it was the navy.

Jaime Ignacio Puerta
Tammy Hansen Terry joined the Marine Corps as did I back in 1980. Terry was one of my best friends.

John Clayton
Kevin’s mom, your grandma, sings in the choir at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley. When I watch Grace Livestream on Sunday mornings, I see her.

Peggy Beliveau
Kevin’s mom is my sister-in-law. 💕

Holly Cleeland
Kevin Lowman was a dear friend of mine. Here is a photo of him when we were in Kindergarten at Village Christian. We road the bus to school and home every day. He was such a cutie then.....he was always a cutie❤️


Dan Davis
Your Grandfathers name is Ed Lowman I’m not sure if he still lives in Burbank Kevin grew up in the house on the corner of Sunset Canyon and Olive Ave in Burbank on the North East corner...

Tom Carlile
Exactly right Mr. Davis! Kevin was a neighbor of mine back in the early 1970s when I lived at Olive and Sunset. Sweet kid along with Kelly and younger brother Kenny. Kenny graduated from BHS in 1981. He was friends in the choir and pop show with my sister in law. I don’t know if father Ed Lowman is still around. But you might try to locate Kenny Lowman for more info about Kevin.

Holly Cleeland
I can’t find any photos from Junior High. Kevin in Junior High was Mr. All American. Smart, Great Athlete, Handsome. Things started to change for him by the 10th grade. He was friends with Brett Saunders, Danny Davis and Kelly Murphy. They may have photosof your Dad. Try Jim Johnson too.

Dan Davis
Bo Williams Left... Me Center ... your pops on the right. Rocking it 70’s style! Around 1979-1980 a dance at Burbank High


Holly Cleeland
One Summer night either going into 9th grade or 10th grade. Your Dad, Brett Saunders, Bo Williams, Danny Davis and I snuck out of the house in the middle of the night to take Brett’s go cart and ride it up at The castaways. So fun.

Holly Cleeland
What happened to his brother Kenny and Kacey?

Peggy Beliveau
Holly Cleeland Kenny lives in Burbank with his dad. I see him a few times a year. Kacey lives in Seattle.

Teri O'Connor
Jojo Renee I knew your dad and your aunt Kellie. I graduated in 1980. I have pics of both of them. I will definitely dig through my stuff and look. Both were wonderful people. Your dad was a sweetheart. Kathy Cone was really good friends with Kevin. Message her. She might have some pics. Also girls that were cheerleaders from clas of 79 might have pics of Kellie. Jodi Stevens Blatz for instance. I have a similar DNA experience finding a close family member and it’s really cool.

Bret Wilkins
He was class of 81.... me and his sister kellie where boyfriend and girlfriend in high school... last saw the family in 2009 at kellie’s funeral 😢 I miss them both

Tom Carlile
If I may ask, what happened to Kellie? She was such a sweet girl!

Beckie Ruggles
Tom Carlile she died of cancer....

Tom Carlile
So sad and so young.....

Bret Wilkins
Wonderful girl. Miss her like crazy,

Leslie Wetherwax Davenport
Kelly was in my class. Here are some pics from 1979 yearbook.


Art Boylan
Kevin was a cool guy and we would shoot hoops and lift weights back in jr. high. One time during PE he busted my head open with a baseball bat, (accidental) and my mom had to drive me to st. joseph's to get stitches in my head. I'm on the 4th row, (#27) next to B. Strong

Holly Cleeland
Number 25


Holly Cleeland
In 9th grade Lisa Lamprich was running for class President. She was a year younger than us. I suggested a sure fire win for her. I said I will work out a skit for the assembly’s with the cutest guys in school just standing there with vote for Lisa. Kevin and Kip Currie were the guys I picked. It was so much fun!!!

Lisa Lamprich
I was running for 8th grade president and Holly, you persuaded Kevin and Kip to dance around on stage to the song "You Light Up My Life", but you reworked all the words with a word play on my last name. Kevin and Kip were definitely the cutest guys and I believe they danced around with lamp shades 😂, while Melissa Walsh played the piano and Harry Olswanger (RIP) also played a role. Jo Jo- Your father was always incredibly nice to me. I also knew his brother Kenny (your uncle) well as he was in my class '82. I knew you Aunt Kellie (RIP), as she was in my college sorority. I'm sorry for your loss, but so glad you are able to learn a little about your father from this FB page. Therein, lies the blessing. ❤️

Gary Patrick Trotta
I knew your father well and am so very sorry for your loss.

Laura Jolls
Jr. Year 1980. The year of the big teacher’s strike. The yearbook company put all the names in front of the picture pages, and listed everyone in order by first name. I wrote in the names of many classmates at the time, your dad was one of them! We graduated in 1981, but I don’t see a senior picture for him in that yearbook. He was very cute, very sweet, very popular! I’m so sorry for your loss❤️


9th grade - John Muir Jr High


8th grade - John Muir Jr High


Maria Aviles
I was the same grade as your Dad. All my friends and I thought he was sooo cute and nice. I hope you heart finds peace in knowing the fondness people had for your dad and how he was loved by his close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment