Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Bob Basile, BHS '70 (1951-2019)


Robert Norton Basile, BHS '70
December 3, 1951 ~ May 7, 2019

Bob Basile passed away on May 7, 2019, after a long battle with cancer. He was 67. The Basile family first lived on Sparks St. in Burbank, then about 1965 moved to 821 E. Angeleno, and Bob attended 8th and 9th grade at John Muir. He went all the way through BHS and graduated with the 1970 Class. (Bob doesn't have a senior picture in the 1970 Ceralbus, so the photo shown is his junior picture - sorry a bit blurry due to small size of original photos.)

After high school Bob was in the U.S. Air Force. He then attended Cal State Fullerton and received a B.A. degree in Accounting. He had lived many years in Carlsbad in San Diego County. He was a commercial airline pilot for Alaska Airlines and Hawaiian Air, and had been a corporate pilot for a Newport Beach company. He was also a flight instructor, and had also been a partner in a flight charter business in Carlsbad, Basile Aviation, and had co-owned a Cessna 310 plane. Bob was never married and had no children. Bob was one of 7 children in the Basile family. Only he and sister, Sue Basile attended BHS, (Class of '64), as the family moved to Costa Mesa in 1972. Of the 7 siblings there are now only three surviving, Sue, younger brother, Jim Basile (four years younger than Bob), and one other younger brother.

Written by Alan Landros

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS

Linda Hayes Murvin
I’m so sorry to hear of the sad news. He lived a Great Life. May his Family rest assured he is in a much better place! God Bless You Bob. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Pat Bushman
sad to hear this. My prayers and condolences to Bob’s family and friends. Rest In Peace.

William Wallace
Very sorry Bob has passed away. We were friends during our John Muir Junior High and Burbank High School years. He had a very good sense of humor, and was fun to be around. Rest In Peace.

Nancy McNamara Zambrana
Another sad loss for our BHS class of 1970. My condolences to Bob’s family. What an exciting life he had!
Rest In Peace πŸ’™

Kathleen Wyatt Richardson
I remember Bob...so sadπŸ˜ͺ

Pam Wright Peterson
So sad.... RIP Bob.

Deb Helsley Bush
Rest In Peace Bob πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’œπŸ˜₯

Sue Basile
My sweet Lil Bro Captain Bob Love You and Miss you much❤️😘

Rick Farris
Rest in Peace class mate.

Nadine Aguirre Lujan
RIP

Susan Earle
I am SADDENED to hear of his passing.
My sincere condolences to his family.

Carrie Diaz-Lathouwers
My condolences to all of his family and friends.

Barry Grueter
πŸ˜₯RIP Robert

Dena Smith
Sheldon remembers him fondly. Condolences to the whole family. πŸ™

William Wallace
Very sorry Bob has passed away. We were friends during our John Muir Junior High and Burbank High School years. He had a very good sense of humor, and was fun to be around. Rest In Peace.

Bobbi Baldaseroni
RIP Bob. My Mom attended Burbank High I think grad year was 64. Judy Meskew. Wonder if maybe sister Sue knew her. Anyway Deepest condolences to the family. It looks like Bob led an adventurous life.

Terri Guerra
May he rest in peace. Prayers for the family πŸ™❤

Elaine Elliott
R.I.P. Bob!! Prayers for the family.

Vicki Herrin Fields
Rest in Peace

John Basile
I never met the family in spite of having the same last name, Basile.

Nancy Olsen Barry
I too remembered Bob. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. My prayers are with his FamilyπŸ˜”

Hugh Evans
Very sorry to hear about Bob!

Carol Cordero
Me, also. Thanx Alan.

Susan Landing-Phillips
I remember his sweet smile. Condolences to his family and friends.

Melissa Prater-Uribe
RIP Bob! My thoughts and prayers for comfort for his family.πŸ™

Mary Joan Swartzbaugh
πŸ™

Rebecca Willis
My heart goes out to the family...

MAY 16, 2019 UPDATE
Received this email and great photo today...
"Saw the message about Bob’s passing. Him and I were friends and got hired at Horizon Air at the same time. In case you could use a “newer” picture, I’m enclosing this one from 1990. The guy next to Bob was another classmate at Horizon, it’s not me. Bob is wearing the goofy hat.
Warm Regards,
Hans Fielsch"

No comments:

Post a Comment