Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Mary Ellen Blaine Wendling, BHS '63 (1945-2019)


Mary Ellen Blaine Wendling
October 18, 1945 – March 19, 2019

We just got word that Mary Ellen Blaine Wendling BHS '63 passed away at her home this morning. Her family was with her.

Mary Ellen was Drill Team Major at Burbank High, as well as Aloha Queen and Homecoming Queen.

She was involved in many school activities and she and her husband Chuck Wendling (R.I.P.) BHS '63 were voted "Class Sweethearts"...

May God Bless Mary Ellen and her family...

Pam Zipfel Kirkwood BHS '64 and Jon Kirkwood BHS '64





Obituary for Chuck Wendling who passed away in 2004
http://bhsinmemoriam.blogspot.com/2011/01/charles-l.html

SERVICES
March 22, 2019
Funeral Service
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Valley Funeral Home
2121 West Burbank Blvd
Burbank, CA 91506

Committal Service
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Pierce Brothers Valhalla
10621 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91606


A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS
Jennifer Todd
So sad

Pat Bushman
My prayers and condolences to her family and friends. Rest In Peace.

Marian Campbell D'Elia
Very sad news.

Jeanette Alexander
God's blessings! Rip

Sue Burnette
So sad. Condolences to her family.

Carole Wells
Just so sorry to hear this. Very, very sad.

Bev Peters
So sad. Condolences to her family and friends.

Cathy Rehfeld Schwalm
I remember her from Drill Team, especially.

Ginny Smallenburg
Sending healing thoughts to her family.

Lori Diane Patterson
RIP. Condolences to her family.

Mary Boriso Jordan
So very sorry to hear this...Rest in peace, dear Mary Ellen....May God comfort and strengthen the family....❤️

Rudy Tirre
I am so sadden of this news. My love for her and husband has been for along time. I will surely miss them. My prayers are with her boys and daughters

Mary Healey
Rest in Peace

Sherry Copp
Prayers for her family 🙏🏻

Kathleen Wyatt Richardson
😢

Claudia Hoffman
Such sad news. I used to see her and Chuck walking hand-in-hand down the halls. Prayers to her children and grandchildren. It doesn't get any easier when I hear of classmates I knew. Many just by sight and popularity and those I knew personally. Thank you for posting Cathy.

Vicki Herrin
Fields Rest in Peace

Bruce Smentek
Very sad. R.I.P. Mary Ellen. She is back with her sweetheart.
Chuck was a great guy. As a young firefighter Chuck helped me a lot learning to drive and operate fire apparatus.

Martha Rios
RIP

Nadine Aguirre Lujan
RIP

Katie Sweeney Hightower
She was a wonderful drill team leader - we all respected her. So sad to hear this - love to her kids and grandkids.

Nancy McNamara Zambrana
Rest In Peace

Bobbi Baldaseroni
Rest In Peace Mary Ellen and Big Gentle Hugs to family and friends.

Jaydean Gordon Dyer
I'm so sorry to hear this. She and I go all the way back to Miller Elementary. I have many fond memories of her, over the years. Blessings and condolences to her family.

May Louie
RIP

2 comments:

  1. She was a sweet lady. I only spoke to her twice but her kindness was genuine. Prayers for her family. Hassan Kobaissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry of her passing. Praying for her family. Sharon M.

    ReplyDelete