Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Leota Mary Caleel Bancroft, BHS '69 (1951-2010)


Leota Mary Caleel Bancroft
August 31, 1951 - May 30, 2010
Burbank, California

Leota was preceded in death by her father, Norman Caleel and her mother Kitty Caleel, passed away a year later in 2011. Please see their obituaries below.

Among her survivors are her sisters, Christy Caleel Curtis, BHS '66 and Liz Caleel Weiss.

RIP Leota...

PARENTS
2005 Obituary of Norm Caleel
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ladailynews/obituary.aspx?n=norman-caleel&pid=15172475&fhid=10622

2011 Obituary of Kitty Caleel
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?n=catherine-kitty-rose-caleel&pid=149163734

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS
Linda Stoddard Johnson
Sweet Leota! She was one of my best friend's sister❤RIP

Mary Boriso Jordan
Love to the family.....So very sorry...Rest in Peace, dear Leota...❤️

Debbie Torres Brey Bennett
One of my favorite classmates. 🌹

Nancy McNamara Zambrana
So sorry to see this. Rest In Peace Leota❤️

Pat Bushman
So sorry to hear this. My prayers and condolences to her family and friends. Rest In Peace Leota.

Edie Walker
It's tough to read about those who graduated several year after you, and passed so early in life. Condolences to the family and may she rest in peace.

Vicki Herrin Fields
Rest in Peace

Lisa Engelsman Birtle
I adored Leota❤️She was glamorous,funny,and a great lady🙏

Alan Landros
Leota has been on the '69 Memorial list for quite some time. Sorry you didn't know about her passing,
 Cathy.

Trudie Hentze
I didn't know she had passed away either. I was in Girl Scouts with her older sister, Christie.

Cathi Fitzpatrick
She was my sister-in-law for a short time. I knew she had passed, but didn’t know when. I remember lists as being a truly sweet person. 💖

Betty Ramsey-Castro
My husband(Anthony Castro) says he sat between her and Cheryl Chapman in Mr. Aiken’s Government class. The two girls were always talking to each other with Anthony being the middle man. It is a good memory for him.

Beckie Ruggles
I got to know her when she moved to Burbank and was in my class at Emerson elementary school. We were friends and she had a great Halloween party at her house one year. Lovely home and sweet parents. I m so sorry. I hadn't seen this on the Memorial list.

Michelle MacNeill
Leota and her husband became my landlords in 1998. I wanted to adopt a child a few years later and ended up with 2 beautiful girls because of them. They were thrilled to have my girls next door. Leota was so wonderful to them, my sister and me. About 2 years after Leota was diagnosed with cancer, my sister was too. She lived with me and my girls. I lost my sister in 2009, only 11 months after her diagnosis. Leota passed almost a year after that. I miss sitting on the porch talking with her. She had the best laugh! Leota was one of a kind and I feel blessed to have known her.

No comments:

Post a Comment