Thursday, January 23, 2014

Raymond James Moss, BHS '64 (1946-1972)

Saw this sweet note from Raymond's widow on Facebook...

Raymond James Moss -1946-1972 - Class of '64

I'm a member of this group by default, invited by Ron Negus, a good friend of my husband Ray Moss, who tragically died in 1972. I thought there may be friends out there who remember Ray and this 50th anniversary seemed like the perfect time to let them know how his sons have fared. When Ray died I returned to England with my sons but always maintained contact with our family in California.

His eldest son, Ray Jr, followed in his Dad's footsteps and joined the USAF aged 17, he served for 20 years. He celebrates 25 years of marriage this year, has three children and a little grandson!! He now lives in upstate New York and enjoys a successful career in the aerospace industry.

His youngest son Bobby, who was born in Burbank, has remained in England, he is married and has three children. He forged a successful career in the financial industry and now runs a thriving Medieval Banquet Hire business with his second wife.

I know Ray would be so proud of his sons, grandchildren and great grandson!! His legacy is this wonderful 'international' family.

I hope you all enjoy a fantastic reunion this year, a kaleidoscope of fifty years of memories.!!!!

The picture was taken in England in 1967.

Then found this August 25, 1972 article in the Van Nuys Valley News of Raymond's tragic and fatal automobile accident...

Burbank Resident Dies in Accident on Freeway

A 26-year-old Burbank man was killed yesterday morning when he was ejected from his sports car after a wheel came off and the vehicle overturned at the junction of the San Diego and Harbor Freeways in Carson authorities reported.

The California Highway Patrol identified him as Raymond James Moss of 530 Rosemary Lane.

A spokesman for the CHP said Moss was south- bound on the San Diego Freeways when the left rear tire of his car came off.

As a result, the vehicle swerved into a guard overturned and the impact ejected Moss out of the vehicle, the spokesman said.

The auto then caught on fire and was engulfed in flames, closing down two lanes of the freeway.

Moss was taken to Harbor General but he was declared dead on arrival, the spokesman said.

No comments:

Post a Comment