George Stephen Marciniw
May 16, 1956 - September 15, 2026
Tragic news just learned... George Marciniw NBC helicopter pilot who died in a helicopter crash in Chatsworth graduated from Burbank High in 1974.
A Few Facebook Comments
Caryn Gold
This is the saddest news ever. George has been my friend for many years. Hard to process all this breaking info. I will miss the teamwork of George and Julia Deng (AM) and George and Eliana Moreno (PM). I will miss the blow by blow of the high speed chases through the streets of So. Cal. and the parting words of Eliana saying "I'll send it back to you in the studio"
Condolences to their families and loved ones. I will miss my friend George๐❤️
This is the saddest news ever. George has been my friend for many years. Hard to process all this breaking info. I will miss the teamwork of George and Julia Deng (AM) and George and Eliana Moreno (PM). I will miss the blow by blow of the high speed chases through the streets of So. Cal. and the parting words of Eliana saying "I'll send it back to you in the studio"
Condolences to their families and loved ones. I will miss my friend George๐❤️
April Wind
Such an awful tragedy today in Chatsworth. Chopper pilot and Burbank Bulldog.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends๐๐ผ
Rest in Peace George๐
Such an awful tragedy today in Chatsworth. Chopper pilot and Burbank Bulldog.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends๐๐ผ
Rest in Peace George๐
Patsy Raymundi
Condolences. to George’s family I was a classmate of his 74’ -Just saw him at our Senior Luncheon lunch last month He was great. guy God Bless you George ,will be miss a lot✝️๐๐๐น
Condolences. to George’s family I was a classmate of his 74’ -Just saw him at our Senior Luncheon lunch last month He was great. guy God Bless you George ,will be miss a lot✝️๐๐๐น
Pamela Anglin Howland
This is shocking news to hear. ๐ข I have known George since we were children at St. Robert Bellarmine Catholic School in Burbank. He was always such a good friend. I will be praying for him and also for his family for strength during this extremely difficult time. I’m so very sorry…Rest in peace my friend. ๐๐ผ
This is shocking news to hear. ๐ข I have known George since we were children at St. Robert Bellarmine Catholic School in Burbank. He was always such a good friend. I will be praying for him and also for his family for strength during this extremely difficult time. I’m so very sorry…Rest in peace my friend. ๐๐ผ
Bob Marak
So sad to hear of this. He was in my graduating class and we have kept in touch over the years. Godspeed George ๐๐๐.
So sad to hear of this. He was in my graduating class and we have kept in touch over the years. Godspeed George ๐๐๐.
Kathleen Gaston Hitt
I was BHS class of 1973. Our deepest condolences to his family and friends and prayers for comfort.
I was BHS class of 1973. Our deepest condolences to his family and friends and prayers for comfort.
Dereck Jordan
I just saw George Saturday night over at the Blueroom and we were just talking about life in general and to hear of his passing and really shocks me. God bless you, George. I’m gonna miss you Godspeed. Love you, brother. ๐ฅฒ๐ฅฒ๐ฅฒ
I just saw George Saturday night over at the Blueroom and we were just talking about life in general and to hear of his passing and really shocks me. God bless you, George. I’m gonna miss you Godspeed. Love you, brother. ๐ฅฒ๐ฅฒ๐ฅฒ
David Griffin
2nd NBC helicopter to crash in the SF Valley. The first one was piloted by Francis Gary Powers and crashed in the '70s in the Sepulveda Basin after running out of fuel. They were covering the Santa Barbara fires and were on their way back to Burbank.
2nd NBC helicopter to crash in the SF Valley. The first one was piloted by Francis Gary Powers and crashed in the '70s in the Sepulveda Basin after running out of fuel. They were covering the Santa Barbara fires and were on their way back to Burbank.
Debbie Burpee Wilander
My sincere condolences to wall who loved him! He was such a sweet man!! RIP George! ๐
My sincere condolences to wall who loved him! He was such a sweet man!! RIP George! ๐
Jeri Morin Valencia
I just now saw this!!! ๐ฎ ๐ George!!! ๐ I saw there was a "beloved reporter and pilot killed in a helicopter crash in L.A." and I just knew it was our beloved George. ๐ I can't believe it.
I just now saw this!!! ๐ฎ ๐ George!!! ๐ I saw there was a "beloved reporter and pilot killed in a helicopter crash in L.A." and I just knew it was our beloved George. ๐ I can't believe it.
George Pacal
I’m heartbroken to hear of George’s tragic passing so suddenly…
He loved flying and working with Eliana especially, always talking about the news stories they were involved with… He was a positive person and made everyone feel relaxed around him. The “Blue Room” was his hangout often, and he must have had a lot of friends there and ones at the BHS alumni luncheons too… You will be sorely missed George— rest in peace my friend….
I’m heartbroken to hear of George’s tragic passing so suddenly…
He loved flying and working with Eliana especially, always talking about the news stories they were involved with… He was a positive person and made everyone feel relaxed around him. The “Blue Room” was his hangout often, and he must have had a lot of friends there and ones at the BHS alumni luncheons too… You will be sorely missed George— rest in peace my friend….


No comments:
Post a Comment