Friday, October 23, 2020

Alan Moore, BHS '68 (1950-2020)


 
Sad news on October 22, 2020, from Phil Johnson, BHS '72 “I just heard Alan Moore, class of ‘68, passed away a short time ago tonight. No details as of now except when I spoke with him last month, he was feeling great and sounded like he always did. He and I were neighbors growing up on Fairmount Rd. I named my 2nd son after him. I’m in shock! Stage 4 lung cancer in remission... He retired years ago from many years with the Burbank Fire Dept. I feel a great loss. He was like a brother to me...” 

Alan had 2 siblings: Art Moore and Alice Moore. She was BHS '64. 

RIP Alan. 

NOVEMBER 3, 2020 UPDATE
OBITUARY

Alan Scott "Al" Moore
  photo

Al died peacefully on October 22, 2020 at the age of 70 after a two-year battle with cancer.

Al was born to Betty and Ernie Moore in Burbank, California, and attended grade school, high school and community college in the area. He enlisted in the United States Marine Corp during the Vietnam War and honorably served his country. After the war, Al returned to civilian life and his adventuresome spirit took him around the world as a river rafter, where he gained many lifelong friends. Continuing his need to serve, he joined the Burbank Fire Department and met his firefighting family. He loved his work and helping the community.

While a firefighter, Al married Anne Pugel, and his life was changed forever! Anne brought with her many siblings and Al grew to know and appreciate the chaos of large family gatherings. Anne and Al shared a love of travel and visited many continents in their 31-year marriage.

While Al spent most of his life in Southern California, he and Anne chose to retire in the Pacific Northwest on beautiful Camano Island. His last 14 years were spent traveling the world or hosting family and friends at their home. Whether it was for a casual dinner or a relaxing weekend, there was always room at "The Lodge."

Al was preceded in death by his parents and is survived by his wife, Anne, his siblings, Alice Moore Robinson and Art Moore, and a large extended family. He will be remembered as a devoted and beloved husband, son, brother, brother-in- law, uncle, cousin, and friend.

Al may be remembered by donating to Guide Dogs for the Blind at Guidedogs.com or to the Wounded Warriors Project at woundedwarriorsproject.org

October 22, 2020

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS

  • I knew Alan through his sister, Alice. We were Mariner Girl Scouts, in sister "ships". Their parents were also active in our GS adventures, so Alan would often tag along. He was such a nice young man, so I'm sure he carried that quality throughout his life. My sincere condolences to Alice and his family.

    When I was 7, my family moved from Stockton to Burbank. One of the first people I met while at Emerson Elementary was Al. From then on, he and I were pretty much inseparable. He was my best friend growing up. These last two years have been very difficult for him after his cancer diagnosis. Through it all, his lovely wife Ann was by his side which is no surprise. She is a real gem. I talked to her after Al passed and she said that he went easily. She was supported by her sisters who have been watching over her during this time.
    I will miss my friend and my deepest sympathies go to Ann, Alice, and the rest of the family.
     
    Sending sympathy and prayers for his family and friends.

  • My condolences to the family, may he rest in peace!

  • So sorry to hear... Al worked with Jess for many, many years on the Burbank Fire Dept. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will be missed.🙏🏻💞


  • I'm so incredibly sad about Alan's passing. I've known Alan since he was a toddler as they lived just next door to our family. Alice and I played together growing up. My husband Dave and I visited him just over 10 years ago in Washington and tried agai…
    See More
    Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and outdoor

    My condolences to all his family and friends. RIP.


  • Jon and I send our sympathies and prayers to Alan's wife and family and to our dear friend Alice Moore (Alan's Sister)...
     
    My condolences to his family & friends.

  • I am very sorry for your loss. Rest In Peace.


  • Very sad news. Prayers and condolences to his family and friends. 🙏🏻❤️

  • I did not know Alan but always hard to loose a Bulldog. Seems like there is something that happens to firemen & cancer. So many healthy firemen up here in our No Cal Fire are coming down with cancer.. very sad.
    Condolences to Alan’s family ..

  • I am so sad to hear this. Alan was in a couple of my classes in high school. He was handsome, funny & a true gentleman. RIP Alan, you were a class act.

  • I thank him for his service. May he RIP.


  • Good bye my friend. I enjoyed our adventures together

  • Rest in Peace

  • My condolences go out to his family, friends and fellow brothers. RIP. 🙏🦋

  • So sorry for your loss rest in peace


  • So sad to hear of his passing. His sister Alice was a friend and classmate of mine from class of '64.



  • I am so sorry for your loss.

  • Alan and my 2nd son Alan.. This was taken 38 years ago.
    Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, child and outdoor

  • Al and Anne before they left Burbank and moved to Washington.
    Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, eyeglasses, outdoor and closeup
    1

  • Oh so sorry

  • Here is a scanned picture from around 2003 at the BHS all class reunion. Alan, his wife Anne, sister Alice Moore Robinson BHS 64, and my late sister Laura Johnson BHS 70.
    Image may contain: 4 people, people standing and outdoor



  • RIP classmate Alan ☹️🙏🏼🙏🏼

 

No comments:

Post a Comment