Friday, October 4, 2019

Peter Drost, BHS '65 (1947-2019)


Peter Drost
September 11, 1947 - September 30, 2019

Very sad news just received from close friend and classmate Eliede Drost Pounds, BHS '67...

"We are devastated as we have lost our dear brother, husband, father, and grandfather from an apparent stroke or heart attack. My brother Peter Drost always gave of himself and shared his love for his family. He loved nature and hiking. He leaves a giant hole in our hearts."

"Peter was born 9/11/47 and died last Monday."

"The Drost family immigrated from the Netherlands in 1955 and Peter grew up in Burbank. He was a Marine and was going to Vietnam, so they sent him to Vietnamese Language School in Hawaii. He was an interpreter in Vietnam. He fell in love with Hawaii and lived there 40 years and came back to the mainland about 8 years ago. He lived close to me and my brother Henry in Oakhurst, Ca. His 3 kids went to the University in California, so Sara and he wanted to be with them."

"In 1976,  Pete rode with a group called the Bikecentenial, across the US, from Oregon to New York."

"Besides his beautiful wife, Sara, Peter leaves 3 children and 4 grandchildren."


Pete with his wife, Sara.

Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

RIP Pete.

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS
Katharine Kekoa
Oh no, Lee!!! I am so sorry!!! This is shocking!!! Hugs and prayers for you!!!!!

Traci Black
Sending love to you. ❤️

Jim Grasse
Prayers on going for your BrotherπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Marie Burke
Oh Lee, I am so sad to hear this. Peter was a dear friend and classmate at Burbank Christian School. We had such a great visit with him and Sarah in Hawaii back in 1987. I haven't seen him since then, but will always remember his friendship, hospitality, and sharing teen years in the youth group at church. Praying for you and your family in your devastating loss.

Dianne Huffman
Oh Lee, I’m so sorry for your lossπŸ™

Pete Black
So sad for your loss. The love of God gives us everything.

Cathy Coyle
Lee, So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved brother. May God give you comfort & peace at this time and the years ahead.

Toma Newland
Lee, Terry and I send our deepest condolences. So difficult when it comes with no warning. Prayers for God’s peace in your time of grief.

Sophia Drost Howard
So sorry Lee! Praying for you all!

Linda Lee
I send my condolences and prayers for you all. I have found memories of him next door growing up in Burbank.πŸ™

Sophia Pobst Ewert
You were just together. So sudden. Cherish the memories but I am sorry.

Denise Teodosio Jones
I’m sorry for your loss.

Carol Nicholls Lebrecht
Sending condolences for the passing of your brother. May Gods grace surround your family during this sad time.

Henry Drost
My Brother will be truly Missed................

Catherine Walker
We’re so very sorry.

Delores Lautsch
We're so sorry to hear this sad news, Lee. You and your family are in our prayers.

Heidi Hoppen Lofgren
Sending you my thoughts, condolences, and prayers in your time of sorrow. πŸ’–πŸ™πŸ’–

Carla Rajnus
I'm so sad to lose our "Pete". He was a champion.

Shirley Krankenberg
Lee we are so sorry to hear this, I thought it can’t be. You and your family are in our prayers.

Gea Belgraver
I am so very sorry for you all. Our condolences.

Eileen Penner Isaac
So sorry to hear the sad news Lee. Your family will be in my prayers as you adjust to your unexpected loss. Eileen

Kathy Creighton
Lee, So sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.
Kathy and Dennis

Elizabeth Zandbergen
I’m so sorry to hear thisπŸ™πŸ»

Jackie Harris Goforth
I’m so sorry. I love you guys and keep you close in prayer

Chester Pounds
So sorry for your loss

Cathleen Rainwater-Swenson
So sorry for your loss, Lee! May God cover you and your family with comfort and peace! πŸ™❤️

Chris N Mell Bradley
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you!

Lynda Siminske
Wonderful tribute and comments! I love this picture! Pete was an amazing and kind man.

Linda Rush
Our love and prayers are with you as you mourn the loss of your dear brother.

Judy DeRosa
My dear Sara Drost Peter now knows what we do not. May his new journey be filled with the beauty and grace of his soul. Peace. <3 br="">
Kathy Dupree
So sorry for your loss, Lee

1 comment:

  1. Lee, Pete and I have had many wonderful adventures in the past 9 years, often led by Pete. Pete's best friend from Hawaii, Steve Molman, said Pete is on a new adventure; perhaps he is leading the way for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete