Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Keith Burnside, BHS '61 (1943-2013)

We are sad to learn of this...



KEITH BURNSIDE




















Obituary

Burnside, Keith, died on June 27, 2013. He was born July 21st, 1943 in Los Angeles, CA to Allan and Kathryn Burnside. He attended Burbank schools and went to college at the University of Redland, where he met his wife Sandra Mathews in 1966. The Burnsides moved to Orange, CA, where Keith worked as a teacher and counselor for the Anaheim Union High School District for 37 years. He is survived by wife, Sandy; daughters, Lori Jones and Keri Burnside; sons-in-law, Mario Sattro and Robbie Jones; granddaughters, Lila and Lindsey Jones; and cats, Woodi and Sami. Keith enjoyed golfing, playing bridge, hiking, working on his cars and spending time with his wife and family. The Burnsides recently acquired a condo in Lake Crowley where they enjoy exploring new territory and making new friends. Keith was very loved and respected and will be missed.

Published in Orange County Register on July 2, 2013
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/orangecounty/obituary.aspx?n=keith-burnside&pid=165641480


From Alan Landros regarding Keith's family...

"Don Burnside, BHS '65, also died young. He passed away from brain cancer just before his 37th birthday in 1984. Exactly three years later his dad, Allan Burnside, also died from brain cancer in 1987 at age 68, almost 69. (For those of you who attended Luther Burbank, Allan Burnside was our Principal at John Muir.)"

COMMENTS FROM KEITH'S OBITUARY ONLINE

Keith was a super guy. I am so honored to have had the privilege to work with him. His positive spirit will truly be missed. I am so saddened I was unable to attend his memorial. My thoughts to his family.
Carolyn Houston
July 22, 2013
 
Keith Burnside, I wish I would have said Thank You for all the things I admired, appreciated and ultimately learned from you. I regret not letting you know you truly made a difference in my life just by listening and not judging. The world needs more people like you. I'm sure I'm not the only person feeling this way. You will be missed.
Patrick K
July 8, 2013
 
Keith was one of the most positive memories I have of teaching at Kennedy for 30 years. I especially remember Keith dropping by my room late in the afternoon just to chat. He was such a calming influence in a job that can sometimes be terribly stressful. Humor and humanity. That's how I will remember Keith Burnside.
Jim Frye
July 8, 2013
 
Keith was a good man and an important part of my early teaching career. I am sad to hear of his passing, but I hope that when my time is up, I will have touched as many lives in a positive manner as he did. My thoughts are with your family.
Dave Jankowski
July 7, 2013
 
Mr. Burnside will always be remembered by the JFK family as a calm caring influence in the Counseling Center. He was one of the kindest people on campus to students and staff. So sorry for your loss.
Patty Dyle (retired JFK Teacher)
July 5, 2013
 
Dear Mrs. Burnside... and Lori and Keri,
My heart broke when I heard of Mr. Burnside's passing. What an amazing man, father, and husband.
My heart joins yours in this grief and loss. Sending my love,
Monica Kitchens Schruhl
July 5, 2013
 
I am so saddened for the loss and shock all of you are experiencing. Nothing but good stuff is known about Keith. I think one of our former KHS teachers will forward all our emails to you. My husband and I are still sitting on the chaise lounge frames that I bought from Keith probably 25 years ago. I think you may have been moving or else redecorating. I taught, Keith counseled. I had a lot of troubled kids, but I knew Keith would take time to hear each student as an important person. Wonderful human being who has left a very positive footprint in this world. Mary Ragusa KHS
Mary Ragusa
July 5, 2013
 
Sandy and Keith's family,
April Pflug and I had breakfast with Keith in the last couple of years, and we were trying to get together with him when Phil Bertoni visited a while back back, but we couldn't get it organized. Wish we had been able to.
As all of his friends have already said, Keith was humorous, pleasant, friendly, smiling, and likable -- the kind of guy everyone liked.
I know that you must be very sad. My sincere condolences to all of you.
George Peterman
July 4, 2013
 
Sandy;
I am shocked and saddened to hear about Keith's untimely passing. Please, accept
my heartfelt condolences. Sincerely,
Doris Duval
July 4, 2013
 
It is a sad day to learn of Keith's passing. He was a wonderful co-worker—always calm, always smiling, always a friend. I'm so sorry for the loss to his family and friends.
Shirley Lind, former Kennedy HS teacher
July 4, 2013
 
Mr Burnside was a fabulous and inspiring mentor for many. He blessed many lives. Rest in eternal peace.
Alicia Bagwell-Davis
July 4, 2013
 
Mr Burnside was the coolest Counselor at Orangeview Jr High! He was a mentor,a respected authority figure and even had a sense of humor. I remember a group of us were toilet papering his Subaru wagon as a last day of school prank when we were met by a laughing Burnside who was lying in wait with a garden hose and he drenched us all!I know I speak for many when I say he left a positive impression and will always be remembered. My condolences to his Family.
Kelly Winnie (Wilkins)
July 4, 2013
 
I was fortunate to work with Keith, and a truly amazing faculty at Fremont Jr. High, years ago. There was a spirit about that school which I will never forget. Keith was part of that spirit of caring. I'm grateful to have known him and am saddened by his passing.
Sincerely, Connie Raub (Vocal Music Teacher)
July 3, 2013
 
I had the greatest respect for Keith, a consummate professional who helped me begin my teaching career 42 years ago. He was a great friend, teacher, and counselor. Such a very sad day. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Hal Morris
July 3, 2013
 
So sorry to hear about Keith's passing. I worked with him at Fremont and Kennedy and felt he always tried his best and did a good job. He was well liked and will be missed.
Cora Johnson
July 3, 2013
 
Keith was a super colleague of mine at JFK HS! His humor and quick insights were a daily delight.
phil bertoni
July 3, 2013
 
Sandy, there are just no words to express how very sad we are for your loss. May the love of friends and your close family help you through your sorrow. Mike and Kyle
July 3, 2013
 
Oh Sandy, with a heavy heart I send my sincerest condolances.
Roxana Lewis
July 3, 2013
 
Sandy,
I'm so sorry to hear of Keith's sudden passing. My heart goes out to you and your family in this time of grief. Keith was well loved in our hiking community and will be sorely missed.
Markey
Markey Neighbors
July 2, 2013
 
My heartfelt condolences go out to Keith's family. He was loved and appreciated so much by all of us who worked with him over the years.
Cecily Ballou
July 2, 2013
 
Sandy,
We were so sorry to hear of Keith's passing. We trust you will find solace in your memories of Keith.
Take Care, The Ventimiglia Family
July 2, 2013
 
I am so very shocked and saddened to learn of this news. All of us who worked with Keith loved him to pieces! Best wishes to all his family!
Marianne Welsh
July 2, 2013
 
My family sends our condolences. My brother and I have found memories of the Burnsides, who were our neighbors growing up. Our sincerest condolences.
Scott Bruckner
July 2, 2013
 
Sandy, Our hearts and prayers go out to you and all your family in this time of sorrow. Keith will be missed by all who knew him.
Arla and Bill Barron
July 2, 2013
 
Sandy, I am so sorry to hear about Keith. You and all your girls are in my prayers. I hope to see you soon.
Love, (cousin) Marilyn
Marilyn Hagie
July 2, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment