Monday, April 9, 2012

Let's Remember Larry Maxam, May 28, 2012

April 28, 2013 UPDATE
Received this email today:

Hi Cathy,
I was in the Cam Lo area during the Battle in 1968. Just wanted to know if you have heard the song, "The Battle of Cam Lo" in which Larry's name is mentioned. I can email the song to you if you would like.
Thanks, "Doc" Ken Walker

Here is his song with some photos I added...




April 4, 2012 UPDATE
From Greg Alaimo:
"Hi Cathy, Just an update on Memorial Day Ceremony in which Cpt Larry L Maxam will also be honored. His brother, Robin Lee Maxam and his wife, Julie, are flying in from Australia to attend the Ceremony.
Wonderful! I hope lots of local folks come out.

ORIGINAL POST

Received this today from Gregory Alaimo, BHS '66

Hi Cathy,

I thought I'd give you an up date on Burbanks Memorial Day Ceremony in which Larry L Maxam is to be honored.

Col. Lang who is writing a book on MOH recipients will be telling the events on the day Larry was KIA.

Larry was 1-4 Marines. The 1-4 Marines are going to participates with , 25 Marine Honor Guard, 21 Gun Salute, Color Guard and possible Bugler to play Taps. I just received a letter I requested from General James Amos to be read at ceremony. The General is the Commandant of The Marine Corp ( 4 Star General Highest Ranking Officer in The Corp.) this is a BIG DEAL. It's a personalized letter honoring Larry signed.

I hope we can get a lot of BHS Grads to come to this ceremony to Honor Larry L Maxam. BHS Class of 1966

Memorial Day Ceremony May 28, 11:00 AM, Mc Cambridge Park

Thanks
Greg

Here is the letter - quite wonderful!



Read more about Larry here.

A touching video Greg also shared...


No comments:

Post a Comment