Sunday, March 18, 2012

Burbank High School Alma Mater

The Alma Mater of Burbank High as remembered by the Class of 1968!

The Burbank High Alma Mater

by Katherine Crosier
When I went to our 40th Class Reunion in 2008, a lot of people recognized me, and I must confess that without photo name tags, I would have had a hard time remembering people. And it was not because just a month earlier, I had undergone surgery for a (thankfully) benign brain tumor. It was also because when the Burbank High administration found out I could play the organ, I played the Alma Mater at the end of all school assemblies. I didn't just play the song for our own grade — I remember being yanked out of class to play the Alma Mater for other grades, too!
Here are the words, in case you have forgotten them:
Hail, Burbank High School.
The Blue and White wave high;
To our own dear high school,
We raise it to the sky;
All honor to thee we sing,
Oh, long may our praises ring.
Hail, Burbank High School!
Hail! Hail! Hail!
You can sing along with this little slideshow I created here.

No comments:

Post a Comment