Monday, September 26, 2011

Memorial Service for Pete Peterson Oct 15, 2011



Hi Cathy..............

I just wanted to let you know that we have scheduled the memorial service and celebration of Dad's life for Saturday, October 15th at 11:00 A.M. It will be at Emmanuel Church, 5th and Harvard in Burbank. There will also be a reception following the service in Elizabeth Hall at the church.

Those former BHS students, basketball players, Tahquitz Pines Camp alumni, paddle ball competitors and any and all of the special people who loved my Dad would be welcome to attend if they are able to. It would be wonderful to see everyone......kind of like a mini-reunion. I know so many of our former classmates and Dad's students live far away from Burbank (including you, my dear friend!) and would not be able to make the trip so I would just ask that you all maybe take a minute that day and think of my Dad. I hope that would put a smile on your face..................nothing would make him happier!

If you could pass this on, Cathy, that would be great. If anyone has any questions about the service they can contact me directly at leverett963@yahoo.com My family and I so appreciate the cards and e-mails we have received. It is such a comfort to know how many people loved Dad and how many lives he touched with his humor and his love of history. I am one of them!

I have also attached a couple of pictures of Dad as I like to remember him................teaching, active, and one with my Mom at the house they loved in Balboa Island.

Much love,

Linda






EMAIL REMINDER SENT OUT BY ALAN LANDROS

ROLAND JOHN "PETE" PETERSON

1921 - 2011

MEMORIAL SERVICE AND CELEBRATION OF LIFE

Saturday, October 15, 2011

11:00 A.M.

Emmanuel Evangelical Free Church

corner of Harvard Rd. & Fifth St.

Burbank

Luncheon Reception following at the church in Elizabeth Hall

(Emmanuel Church was founded by Pete's father ("Pa"), Emmanuel Peterson.

"Elizabeth Hall" at the church is named in memory of Pete's mother ("Ma"), Elizabeth Peterson.)

Pete's daughters, Linda and Louanne, wish to extend this invitation to the service to any and all who are able to attend who knew their dad as a friend, colleague, BHS teacher, coach, camp counselor, and to their friends and former classmates as well. All are welcome.

Alan Landros September 25, 2011

READ MORE HERE
Former BHS Teacher Roland 'Pete' Peterson Passed Away July 31, 2011
http://bhsclass67.blogspot.com/2011/08/former-bhs-teacher-roland-pete-peterson.html

No comments:

Post a Comment